Getting Around Downtown
TRAX is a great alternative to driving. Park for free at your nearest Park & Ride lot, then ride TRAX all the way Downtown. For events at Abravanel Hall, take the Temple Square stop. For events at Capitol Theatre or Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, get off at the Gallivan Plaza stop. UTA bus routes also serve the theaters; check out www.rideuta.com for more information..
There are several parking garages within a short walk to Abravanel Hall, Capitol Theatre, and the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. Check out our parking map below; the big green P's are parking garages.
Some parking options include: ·
· Salt Palace Convention Center – entrances on 200 South and 200 West
· Radisson – 215 W. South Temple
· Marriott Downtown – 75 S. West Temple
· Hotel Monaco – 15 West 200 South
· Shilo Inn – 200 South & West Temple
· Hilton City Center– 255 S. West Temple
· Salt Lake Plaza Hotel – 122 W. South Temple.
Capitol Theatre Access from January – October 2014
Pedestrian access to Capitol Theatre and vehicle traffic on 200 South will be impacted from January – October 2014, as we complete the construction of the new Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre. Please plan to add an additional 15-20 minutes to your travel time to allow for parking and walking to the Theatre.
- The sidewalk just to the west of the Theatre is closed. If you park at the Salt Palace or to the west of the Theatre, you will need to cross to the far side of the road to use the sidewalk.
- The passenger Drop-off/Loading Zone has been pushed just to the east of Capitol Theatre, near the bus stop.
- For those requiring ADA parking, there is one on-street accessible parking space east of the theatre on 200 South.
Parking options on 200 South: